Snow Covered Church

Snow Covered Church
"Did Hell Freeze Over?"

Friday, January 25, 2013

Baby Bootie High Tops! (Crochet!)

I don't know what ya'll do, but I have to have something to reduce my stress. I think we all do to tell you the truth, but the relief of choice lately would be Crochet.


I found this guy on youtube  ( mikeyssmail ). I LOVE this guy! I did this following along to his videos. Now he has like 29 little videos that I put together on a playlist so you don't have to find them.
How to Crochet Baby Bootie High Tops.
Now there is one flaw in his larger version that I had to adapt to get them to look more like a high top. When you're reducing the rows, you need to reduce 2 more than he says  if you do the larger shoe like he is. If you don't, it makes the ankle/leg part way too fat. Unless your baby has extremely huge cankles, reduce 2 more  rows than he says.   Other than that, it's perfect!
I literally just crochet along to the videos he's made. I pause if he gets ahead of me. He crochets really fast. Faster than I do and I am not that slow.


Expect them to take about an hour in a half to two hours a bootie. Unless you're really good.
I'm giving them out to my nieces who are both expecting boys about the same time.



I also found Mikeys friends page. She does walk through tutorials as well just go to here Crochet Geek and you can find other cute patterns to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment