Snow Covered Church

Snow Covered Church
"Did Hell Freeze Over?"

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Our Chocolate Company isn't so sweet after all.....

     So I work for a chocolate company. They laid everyone off last night and this morning on the two shifts at our company. Yup! They laid off nearly everyone the last working day before Christmas. 

No. I was not one of them, but still... That is pretty low.  Couldn't they at least wait till after the new year... ?
One off the new "big bosses" totally botched an order we were doing for a major company back east. I being a Q.A. had refused to let the chocolate pass for shipping. And at first they agreed. All but the new big boss. He then convinced all the big bosses, including mine, that it had to go or it we  would pay a big fine. Next thing I'm hearing was... "It's not that bad. It doesn't taste chalky to me." Guess what? The company they sent it to, agreed with me. It was chalky, the color was faded, it didn't taste very minty..... We lost any ground we had gained with this company.... And screwed the company as far as I'm concerned. But I was out ruled, out numbered, and over ruled about it. Now, that new big boss doesn't take responsibility for what he did. He says stuff like "We don't want another screw up like that last order." Like, WE, the employees did it or something. That HE had nothing to do with it. When in reality, it was ALL him! I tried. I tried to go to the other big bosses only to be told it had to ship! And treated like dog shit for arguing. For stating that it was all bad! For not listening to him and trying to go over his head.... I  honestly couldn't believe that I still had a job when the lay offs happened. I heard the rumor that he wanted me gone and that he was convincing my boss that I didn't do anything and that I should be gone....
I think he may almost have had him convinced till I found that would in the fondant.. I found out where it was coming from. It was that a part of the ceiling over the fondant plant was finally rotted enough to start dropping pieces into our open top of out sugar and corn syrup feeder. I caught it. Like all the other major shit that is bad there.  I catch the bad weights on the tins and he waits till night shift and then sent it out with out the proper weight in the chocolates. So all these people will be shorted the amount of chocolate they bought.

This company is going to put itself out of business this way, and with him helping. I would swear he's working for a competitor.
 I can't walk away unless I get another job. Jobs are scarce right now.... God help me. It's like being told that you can't talk someone out of doing something wrong when you know there's  a cops right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment