Snow Covered Church

Snow Covered Church
"Did Hell Freeze Over?"

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Blame Game

The ominous Candy company....


I made notice that there was a weight missing off a package  when they ran something... I asked leads and asked my boss as he went by about it. He was busy. And he said 'OK' or 'it's ok" something like that and he was in a hurry. The president was on his ass about shipping and receiving and probably didn't realize what I had said. As it is with company.  I dropped it at the time, but they ran it again and I started making comments and questioning again. and I was going to go talk to my boss when I was done with getting a weight off a package. I didn't think it was right. It's not something I'm required to even check. But the Production manager who has seen me asking the lead and making a fuss, asked me what was my problem. I pointed out  the weight thing. He said the same thing I was saying. "Don't they have to have that?" I said "I thought so.  Remind me in a second to go ask ---." and that was as far as I got. I was walking to get a box to take to ken and he'd gone and ran in there and went to --- before I did. Then all hell broke loose! And the way it sounded, that fucker was trying to take credit for the find.


I got informed I was going to a meeting at ten. I swear the whole meeting was just so I could be told by the president of the company,  I should have pushed the issue harder. I stated "You can't kick me any harder than I'm already kicking myself!" A public scolding for the higher ups for not pushing an issue I wasn't even sure was one. Only that it seemed wrong. But like the company is fucking famous for, I was dismissed. But because the production manager is out to get rid of anyone that opposes him.. one way or another. And I seem to be a big thorn in his side.
Then, one woman brought up the mints we sent out last year. The ones I kept refusing to let out of the building and pass. I even tried going to the front office to stop it, and was plain told it was going to go. PERIOD! She said "i don't want to bring up that whole T----- J-- incident but.." she did. And after being so angry at myself and them I was already pist teary eye and on the defense. And I spoke up "Not to put the thorn in but I went to the front office about T------ J----'s  and was told it was going anyway!"
But in the end, of anyone dealing with any product in that building, right down to the production supervisor and his leads, I was the one who questioned. The only one. Even his assness production manager didn't see it. Yet I was put in there for a public flogging because I saw something and said something.


I'm getting told not to take it personal. How the fuck do you not take it personal?  Every time I point out a problem, I'm made to feel like I've done something wrong.


I've been after them for years on stuff like this. Saying we have no idea of what things should look like. Half the time we're guessing. The other half is because be actually seen it before. They have no written instructions. Sometimes there's  labels that should be on an order that is verbally instructed IF they remember to tell you. There's a couple of orders that have different requirements that have the same item number. And they wonder why these things happen? Really!?


I need a new job!

No comments:

Post a Comment